The original Bad Elf GPS Pro received rave reviews from the most demanding customers in military, commercial, and private aviation. The new Bad Elf GPS Pro+ adds GLONASS satellite capability, USB file system access to data logs, and a barometric sensor for altitude. This GPS receiver, with 24 hour battery life and the capacity to log a full week on the road, just got better.The Bad Elf GPS Pro+ comes with:
- 3ft (90cm) Mini-USB cable for charging
- 12-24V DC vehicle USB charger
- Detachable Neck Lanyard
- User's Manual (downloadable PDF here)
- Instantly add GPS location support for your supported Android, iOS, or Windows devices via Bluetooth. Connect up to three devices at once.
- View GPS + GLONASS status quickly with the backlit LCD.
- All day battery life allows you to track for up to 35 hours.
- Log up to 66 hours of trip position data directly on your Bad Elf GPS Pro+.
- Access your data logs directly from any PC or Mac using the included USB cable. GPS appears just like a USB thumb drive.
- USB connectivity to PC or Mac provides streaming NMEA GPS data.
- Obtain altitude from GPS and from the built-in barometer.
- High performance 66 channel GPS + GLONASS receiver provides latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, and GPS track.
- Accurate to 2.5m (9 ft) up to 60,000 ft and 1000 mph.
- Quickly acquires satellite lock without cell tower assistance. Hot start time as quick as 2 seconds.
- No internet connection or monthly subscription required.
- IPX4 water resistance makes this device ready for outdoors.
Length: 3 in (76.5 mm)
Width: 2.4 in (61.5 mm)
Height: 0.7 in (17.5 mm)
- Weight: 3.2 oz (90 g)
Accuracy: 2.5 meter accuracy
Update Rate: 1-10 hZ position update rate
Lock Time: Typically less than 45 seconds
Altitude: 60,000ft / 18,000m maximum
Speed: 1000mph / 1,600kph maximum
Receiver: 66-channel GPS + GLONASS receiver
SBAS: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS
NMEA: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC - Talker ID's GP,GL,GN
Storage: ~65 hour datalogger memory @ 1hz
Battery Powered: 14°F to 140°F (-10°C to 60°C)
Externally Powered: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
Charging Temp: 41°F to 113°F (5°C to 45°C)
Storage Temp: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
Other Technical Specifications
USB Port: Mini-USB port for charging and ElfPort expansion
Altimeter: Internal Barometer (accuracy ~1 meter)
Display: 128x96 dot LCD screen with backlight
Firmware: Field upgradeable via iOS app or via USB
- Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows
- Mobile App: The Bad Elf GPS App requires iOS 8.0+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth SPP, USB Serial